Bainbridge House
Enjoy a slice of history at the Bainbridge House.

Bainbridge House

Built in 1766, the Bainbridge House still stands tall as one of the historic treasures of the Princeton area. Job Stockton, the builder and original owner of the house, was one of the first settlers in Princeton. The house was later leased to Dr. Absalom Bainbridge whose son Commodore William Bainbridge fought in the War of 1812. During the 19th century, the house served as a dormitory for Princeton University students and later became the Princeton Public Library. Until recently, the Bainbridge House was the home for the Historical Society of Princeton but it is currently being updated for new uses and easy accessibility.

Princeton Regional Spotlight