- Contest is free to enter
- Entrant must be 18 years of age and a U.S. resident.
- Visit-Princeton-Mercer employees and contest judges are not eligible to enter.
Format and Submission
- Photographs must have been taken in Mercer County, NJ.
- Contest runs from Sept 1, 2020 to October 31, 2020. The theme of the contest is "#ExploreMercer" Scavenger Hunt
- By submitting a photo via social media utilizing the contest hashtags or by emailing the photo submission, you allow Visit Princeton-Mercer [VPM] to use your photo for tourism promotion.
- Entries can be uploaded via the social media hashtag on either Instagram or Facebook or via email to PRCVB@princetonchamber.org with the subject line: "Visit Princeton Mercer Scavenger Hunt Entry." By emailing the photo, you allow Visit Princeton Mercer to use your photo for tourism promotion and accept these same contest rules.
- Minor digital enhancement is acceptable. Borders, frames, excessive filters, text and signatures are not allowed.
- By participating in the contest and submitting a photo utilizing the contest hashtag as noted above, you give Visit Princeton-Mercer the right to repost the submitted photo via Visit-Princeton-Mercer’s social media channels attributing the photo to you, along with the right to use in additional promotion channels.
- The VPMCVB reserves the right to remove any pictures from the contest that are deemed unsuitable.
- Submissions and registrants must abide by any individual venue rules and regulations. Visit Princeton-Mercer and the contest does NOT condone any unlawful actions. If an entrance fee applies to a specific venue or photo, it must be paid by the registrant. VPM is not responsible for any venue fees. Registrants are not required to pay for any submissions to enter the contest, they may simply select a different photo suggestion.
- By submitting an image electronically, you are stating that you are the owner and copyright holder of the photograph submitted. You also represent and warrant that the photograph is your original work. If your photograph contains identifiable people, you are stating that you have permission from all of the models and have a completed model release form in your possession.
- Although photographers retain the copyright to their photographs, by entering them into this contest, they permit unrestricted usage by the VPMCVB exclusively to promote the city, without receiving any fee or compensation. This applies to winning and non-winning entries. All entries, once uploaded electronically become the property of the VPMCVB.
Photo Restrictions/Model Contact Information Photo Restrictions/Model Contact Information
- When shooting photographs for the contest, please check with your location to see if they allow indoor photography.
- If the photograph includes a recognizable person or persons, the model release section of the entry form must also be completed.
**Note: If your account is private, we cannot see your entry and you will not be in the contest.
- Only entries which have met the Format and Submission criteria outlined above will be eligible for judging.
- One picture with the #ExploreMercer is one entry
- VPMCVB's Social Media Agency of Record will randomly select the winners.
- Entrants may only win one prize.
- Grand Prize (ONE WINNER)
- Secondary Prizes (TWO WINNERS)
- The VPMCVB reserves the right to not award all prizes.
- The VPMCVB reserves the right to cancel the contest at any time.
- Winners' names may appear in news articles and on the VPMCVB social media channels and website.
- The date of the photo submissions should be during the contest period, September 1, 2020- October 31,2020. No past photos will be accepted as an entry.
- Winners will be randomly selected on or around November 1st.
- In the event of a tie, the winners will be randomly selected of the winning candidates.
- By signing the entry form and/or submitting a photograph electronically utilizing the contest hashtag, participants accept and agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of contest judges, whose decisions are final. By submitting a photograph, participants agree to release sponsors, contest promoter and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries from liability of any kind or nature for any loss, claims, damages, or injuries of any kind associated with acceptance, possession, participation in, or use of any prizes.
- Because of the number of anticipated entries, we are unable to respond to questions concerning receipt of an entry.