Photo Contest Rules & Guidelines
Visit Princeton-Mercer Convention & Visitors Bureau [VPMCVB]
- Contest is free to enter.
- Entrant must be 18 years of age and a U.S. resident.
- Visit-Princeton-Mercer employees and contest judges are not eligible to enter.
Format and Submission
- Photographs must have been taken in Mercer County, NJ.
- Contest runs from June 1, 2018, through September 5th, 2018. The theme of the contest is "Reasons to Love Mercer this Summer: #SummerInMercer."
- You may submit up to five (5) photographs
- Entries can be uploaded via the social media hashtag on either Instagram or Facebook or on the Photo Contest Entry Form online at VisitPrinceton.com/SummerInMercer
- Minor digital enhancement is acceptable. Borders, frames, special filters, text and signatures are not allowed.
- By participating in the contest and submitting a photo utilizing the contest hashtag as noted above, you give Visit Princeton-Mercer the right to repost the submitted photo via Visit-Princeton-Mercer’s social media channels attributing the photo to you.
- The VPMCVB reserves the right to remove any pictures from the contest that are deemed unsuitable.
- By submitting an image electronically, you are stating that you are the owner and copyright holder of the photograph submitted. You also represent and warrant that the photograph is your original work. If your photograph contains identifiable people, you are stating that you have permission from all of the models and have a completed model release form in your possession.
- Although photographers retain the copyright to their photographs, by entering them into this contest, they permit unrestricted usage by the VPMCVB exclusively to promote the city, without receiving any fee or compensation. This applies to winning and non-winning entries. All entries, once uploaded electronically become the property of the VPMCVB.
Photo Restrictions/Model Contact Information Photo Restrictions/Model Contact Information
- When shooting photographs for the contest, please check with your location to see if they allow indoor photography.
- If the photograph includes a recognizable person or persons, the model release section of the entry form must also be completed.
- Only entries which have met the Format and Submission criteria outlined above will be eligible for judging.
- A panel of judges denoted by the VPMCVB will select the winners.
- Entrants may only win one prize.
- Grand Prize (ONE WINNER) will receive two day passes to Grounds for Sculpture and a $150 gift card to Rat’s Restaurant. Winner will be selected on September 5th, 2018
- Secondary Prizes (TWO WINNERS) will receive a $75 Visa Gift Card. One winner to be selected on July 9th and One winner to be selected on August 14th.
- The VPMCVB reserves the right to not award all prizes.
- Winners' names may appear in news articles and on the VPMCVB social media channels and website.
- By signing the entry form and/or submitting a photograph electronically utilizing the contest hashtag, participants accept and agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of contest judges, whose decisions are final. By submitting a photograph, participants agree to release sponsors, contest promoter and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries from liability of any kind or nature for any loss, claims, damages, or injuries of any kind associated with acceptance, possession, participation in, or use of any prizes.
- Because of the number of anticipated entries, we are unable to respond to questions concerning receipt of an entry.
For more information, email email@example.com.