There are so many things to see and do in the Princeton area. Check out our calendar of events below. If you're looking for a place to stay while in Princeton, check out our great hotels. We also have a variety of wonderful restaurants and things to do. There are also a few great annual events in the Princeton area. Enjoy your visit with us!
- Date(s): 09/08/2013 - 01/19/2014
- Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Times: OPEN Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., and Sunday, 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Location: Princeton University Art Museum, Princeton, NJ
- Phone: (609) 258-3788
- Admission: free and open to the public
The Itinerant Languages of Photography explores the movement of photographs across time and place, offering a transnational history of photography that draws new attention to the work of both well-known masters and more emerging figures. As a photograph travels, its context necessarily changes, prompting a reading that is different than the original. This exhibition succeeds in revealing changes in the nature of the image that can surface as photographs move through one culture to another, specifically looking at how and why the meaning of an image can change. Featured artists include Manuel and Lola Alvarez Bravo, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Joan Colom, Graciela Iturbide, Susan Meiselas, Marcelo Brodsky, Pablo Ortiz Monasterio, and Joan Fontcuberta.