There are so many things to see and do in the Princeton area. Check out our calendar of events below. If you're looking for a place to stay while in Princeton, check out our great hotels. We also have a variety of wonderful restaurants and things to do. There are also a few great annual events in the Princeton area. Enjoy your visit with us!
- Date(s): 03/12/2015 - 04/26/2015
- Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Times: Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday: 12Noon - 7:00PM and Sundays: 1:00PM - 3:00PM
- Location: The College of New Jersey Art Gallery, Ewing, NJ
- Admission: Free and Open to the public
An Unfixed Image: The Photographic Across Media will explore the nature of the photographic image and its relationship to embodiment as an object. From its inception, the photograph has been duplicitous as it has existed as an image and an object, referenced the real and the fictional, and operated indexically and specifically. The ten artists in the exhibition – Brendan Fowler, Lothar Hempel, Leslie Hewitt, Elad Lassry, Marlo Pascual, Eileen Quinlan, Mariah Robertson, John Stezaker, Sara VanDerBeek, and Letha Wilson – create works that engage a porous relationship between analog and digital practices while raising crucial questions about visual strategies and the materiality of the photographic image. Working with diverse methods and materials, these works reflect and destabilize photography’s ubiquity.
- Date(s): 03/30/2015 - 05/29/2015
- Recurring every week day
- Times: business hours, business days -- call to be sure galleries not rented at time of visit
- Location: D&R Greenway Land Trust, One Preservation Place, off Rosedale Road, Princeton
- Contact: Carolyn Edelmann
- Phone: (609) 924-4646
- Admission: free but call to be sure galleries not rented at time of prospective visit
D&R Greenway’s dynamic new exhibition explores relationships in the realms of art, architecture and the natural landscape:. “Coexisting Structures: Artists, Architects, and Nature” is available at D&R Greenway, business hours, business days, from March 30 through May 29. Catalyzed by a group of retired architects who are now full-time fine artists, this display includes architecture-inspired paintings and drawings, photomontages and infrared photography, dramatic story boards prepared for competitions, three-dimensional models, and professional drawings. Key regional firms represented include Studio Hillier and Michael Graves Architecture & Design, and The Barn Company. Themes range from avant-garde cityscapes to rustic landscapes and subterranean photomontages.. D&R Greenway Opening Reception Friday, April 17, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., One Preservation Place, Princeton. Free; register for reception at email@example.com 609-924-4646 www.drgreenway.org
- Date(s): 04/14/2015 - 06/09/2015
- Recurring weekly on Tuesday
- Times: 4:15-5:30PM
- Location: Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Association, 31 Titus Mill Road, Pennington NJ 08534
- Contact: Maryann Polefka
- Phone: (609) 737-7592
- Admission: Class fee per child: $10M/$15NM . Register and pay for 4 classes, receive a 5th class free.
Children 6-10 years old will explore the Reserve with one of the Teacher-Naturalists. Outdoor discoveries, hikes, seasonal surprises await you each week! Class size is limited. April 14 – Spring Explorations April 21 – Weather Watchers April 28 – Web of Life May 5 – Nature’s Camouflage May 12 – Birds and Nesting May 19 – Wild Wildflowers May 26 – Insect Safari June 2 – Pond Exploration: Around the Pond (Meet at Wargo Pond) June 9 – Pond Exploration: In the Pond (Meet at Wargo Pond)
- Date(s): 04/16/2015 - 04/26/2015
- Recurring weekly on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Times: 11:00 a.m
- Location: Rider University Art Gallery Bart Luedeke Center Rider University, Lawrenceville, NJ
- Contact: Box Office
- Phone: (609) 896-7775
- Admission: Free admission
Exhibit on display: Thursday, April 16 through Sunday, April 26. Gallery Hours: Tuesdays through Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Sundays, 12 noon to 4 p.m. Opening Reception: Thursday, April 16, 5-7 p.m. Rider University visual arts honors students present their final work. This program is made possible in part by the Mercer County Cultural and Heritage Commission through funding from the Mercer County Board of Chosen Freeholders and the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State, a partner agency of the National Endowment of the Arts.
- Date(s): 04/24/2015 - 05/03/2015
- Recurring daily
- Times: Fridays @ 8:00pm, Saturdays @ 8:00pm and Sundays @ 2:00pm
- Location: Kelsey Theater at MCCC, West Windsor, NJ
- Contact: Box Office
- Phone: (609) 570-3333
- Admission: Tickets: $18 adults, $16 seniors, $14 students/children
So, Einstein and Picasso walk into a bar, and… The punch line to this joke is in The Pennington Players’ production of this imaginative comedy, written by comedian Steve Martin (yes, that Steve Martin.) While the play is not exactly a classic, you can’t get more museum quality than these two classic visionary figures, one who is on the verge of publishing his Theory of General Relativity and one who is close to painting Les Demoiselles d’Avignon—his ground-breaking foray into modern art. And you can’t get funnier than this imaginary meeting between the two in a bar at the turn of the 20th Century. Join us, faster than the speed of light, for a Post-show Talkback on Friday, May 1st. Also, at Noon and 2:00 pm there will be a scene from "Picasso at the Lapin Agile" (Performed by the Pennington Players at the Bainbridge House).