There are so many things to see and do in the Princeton area. Check out our calendar of events below. If you're looking for a place to stay while in Princeton, check out our great hotels. We also have a variety of wonderful restaurants and things to do. There are also a few great annual events in the Princeton area. Enjoy your visit with us!
- Date(s): 03/30/2015 - 05/29/2015
- Recurring every week day
- Times: business hours, business days -- call to be sure galleries not rented at time of visit
- Location: D&R Greenway Land Trust, One Preservation Place, off Rosedale Road, Princeton
- Contact: Carolyn Edelmann
- Phone: (609) 924-4646
- Admission: free but call to be sure galleries not rented at time of prospective visit
D&R Greenway’s dynamic new exhibition explores relationships in the realms of art, architecture and the natural landscape:. “Coexisting Structures: Artists, Architects, and Nature” is available at D&R Greenway, business hours, business days, from March 30 through May 29. Catalyzed by a group of retired architects who are now full-time fine artists, this display includes architecture-inspired paintings and drawings, photomontages and infrared photography, dramatic story boards prepared for competitions, three-dimensional models, and professional drawings. Key regional firms represented include Studio Hillier and Michael Graves Architecture & Design, and The Barn Company. Themes range from avant-garde cityscapes to rustic landscapes and subterranean photomontages.. D&R Greenway Opening Reception Friday, April 17, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., One Preservation Place, Princeton. Free; register for reception at email@example.com 609-924-4646 www.drgreenway.org
- Date(s): 04/14/2015 - 06/09/2015
- Recurring weekly on Tuesday
- Times: 4:15-5:30PM
- Location: Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Association, 31 Titus Mill Road, Pennington NJ 08534
- Contact: Maryann Polefka
- Phone: (609) 737-7592
- Admission: Class fee per child: $10M/$15NM . Register and pay for 4 classes, receive a 5th class free.
Children 6-10 years old will explore the Reserve with one of the Teacher-Naturalists. Outdoor discoveries, hikes, seasonal surprises await you each week! Class size is limited. April 14 – Spring Explorations April 21 – Weather Watchers April 28 – Web of Life May 5 – Nature’s Camouflage May 12 – Birds and Nesting May 19 – Wild Wildflowers May 26 – Insect Safari June 2 – Pond Exploration: Around the Pond (Meet at Wargo Pond) June 9 – Pond Exploration: In the Pond (Meet at Wargo Pond)
- Date(s): 05/20/2015 - 05/24/2015
- Recurring daily
- Times: Tuesday: 7:30pm, Wednesday: 7:30pm, Thursday: 7:30pm, Friday: 8:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm & 8:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm
- Location: McCarter Theater Center, Princeton, NJ
- Contact: Box Office
- Phone: (609) 258-2787
- Admission: $25-$70
A play about a small town and the wide world. Rachel Bonds’ Five Mile Lake is a stunning new play by an astonishingly talented writer. With exquisite care, Bonds paints a moving portrait of a group of young people, yearning to make the right choices—and facing the choices they have already made—as they journey into their thirties in a rapidly transforming world. Directed by Emily Mann, Five Mile Lake continues McCarter’s tradition of introducing major new plays and writers to the American stage (Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike, The Convert, and Anna in the Tropics). Don’t miss this funny, tender, and heart-wrenching play about those who stay, and those who go away.
- Date(s): 05/23/2015 - 05/24/2015
- Recurring daily
- Times: Saturday at 8:00pm and Sunday att 2:00pm
- Location: Kelsey Theater at MCCC, West Windsor, NJ
- Contact: Box Office
- Phone: (609) 570-3333
- Admission: Tickets: $18 adults, $16 seniors, $14 students/children
Put the top down on your convertible and enjoy the season as you roll on over to the Kelsey Theatre to enjoy this lyrical modern dance company in concert showcasing the works of talented local choreographers, dancers and students. The Mercer Dance Ensemble brings us Modern Classics.